Friday, January 25, 2013

Crock Pot Freezer Meals

My lack of energy and appetite have led to some pretty dreadful weeks of eating, We were to the point where we were eating almost no produce. Ugh, that's bad. So, I decided to do something about it. I looked into the idea of crock pot freezer meals. The idea is that you prep all of your meals on one day and then they go into the freezer. Then whenever you want them, they're ready to be tossed into the crock pot and cooked! I searched for recipes that sounded good and made sure to pick ones with plenty of veggies in them. Here's what I made this first week and how it turned out. 

Teriyaki Chicken
 This was not pretty once cooked, which I think a lot of crock pot meals end up looking pretty ugly by the end. BUT - it was pretty tasty. Not necessarily my favorite, but good. You can find the recipe HERE.

Beef Fajitas
 These were super tasty and of course you can add whatever topping you'd like or none at all! The only problem is that this dish had a lot of extra liquid. Although that made it very juicy and tasty, it was also VERY messy. Make a fajita bowl maybe? Still good! Find the recipe HERE.

Chicken and Dumplings
Great flavor! The only issue with this is that it stated that you can use almost any biscuit to make the dumplings. I use crescent rounds and they dissolved. It was still delicious, but it was more similar to a chicken pot pie than chicken and dumplings. That's probably my own fault though. Find the recipe HERE.

So, the first week turned out pretty well! We enjoyed everything and of course, some more than others. Oh, also. I cut every recipe in half from the original sources. The original recipes make two freezer bags for each meal, but our freezer space is limited. It was still PLENTY of food. We had leftovers from both the fajitas and the chicken and dumplings.

We have more freezer meals ready to go and I think we'll continue to keep doing this. I'll keep reviewing the recipes that I try on here and maybe I'll even start to come up with my own! 

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe look so good and easy! I love crock pot recipes. I found your blog off LaurenConrad.com's forum! I'm your newest follower and excited to see your upcoming posts
    XO Courtney
    Follow me back at www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely, I'm your newest follower from LaurenConrad.com Love your awesome blog!!!

    Feel free to visit & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete