Monday, January 21, 2013

BLT Pasta Salad Recipe

 This pasta salad is creamy, smokey, and slightly sweet. Oh, and it's downright delicious.

Ingredients

 I have to give credit where it's due for this dressing. I learned how to make it from my step-mom and it has been life changing. So good! In a small bowl you'll need to mix together your mayo, sugar, liquid smoke, and vinegar. Mix until well combined and then stick in the refrigerator until you're done with everything else. You could even make it the day before to let the flavors really sit and blend. 

 Then it's just a matter of getting everything else ready. Cook your pasta, fry up your bacon, and dice your tomatoes and celery. Oh, yeah...where's the lettuce? Well, I thought lettuce wouldn't hold up too well. So, the celery is acting as the lettuce. Same color, crunch, and flavor, right? 

 Once everything is prepped, add your pasta and diced ingredients into a large bowl. 

 Pour on that beautiful dressing and mix away. 

 You can serve it immediately or chill until you're ready to have it. So easy to whip up and the flavor is amazing. I love BLT everything, I've decided. 

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I havent made the salad version in forever. I never knew to add vinegar! Yum. Jealous
    -Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful pasta salad. Perfect for a weeknight meal. :) It's so colorful too. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.easyrecipes.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to Easy Recipes will too.
    By joining Easy Recipes, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it. Simply visit www.easyrecipes.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete