Thursday, December 27, 2012

Homemade Baileys

I love being able to figure out how to make a homemade version of an item you might buy. It's fun and handy to know how to make it yourself. Buying a bottle of Baileys might be a little quicker, but a homemade version is always extra special, right? Also, it's REALLY easy. So, go ahead! Make some of this homemade Baileys - which is Irish Cream.

 I would say that this is a good Christmas gift, but I guess I'm a little late for that.  Although, I did give this batch that I made as a gift. Bring it to your New Year's party? Or just make some for yourself as a "you made it through Christmas" reward.

 I apologize for the random posts here and there that don't really fit my normal pattern of blogging. I'm just trying to post as much as I can, when I can. I've been feeling pretty awful still. Nothing new there. I'm sorry if it's a bummer to hear about. I hate having to update people on how I feel especially if it hasn't gotten any better. 

Back to the Baileys! It's delicious and tastes pretty spot on to the real deal. You can easily change up the flavor. Add some peppermint extract or caramel or raspberry.

Ingredients
1 cup Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
1 cup half & half
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of prepared (strong, bold) coffee
2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup

Mix all of your ingredients together using a blender, hand blender, or whatever you can get your hands on. Mix until well combined, chill, and enjoy!  


Oh, and I meant to post this picture on Christmas. Too cute not to share even if it is a little late.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT PICTURE. ALL THE CLOTHES. ALL THE PUPPIES.

    ReplyDelete